Crucial to the Ohio Economy
- More than 22,000 Ohio residents work directly in steel production and processing.
- Wages total approximately $1.34 billion.
- The total number of jobs generated by the state’s steel industry is 100,000.
- The Ohio steel industry and industries tied to steel generate $4.8 billion in wages.
- According to IMPLAN, steel’s total economic impact on Ohio is $7.2 billion.
|OHIO STEEL PRODUCERS AND PROCESSORS**|
|Ohio employment||22,274 jobs|
|Total number of jobs tied to steel in Ohio||96,913|
|Value-added steel production and processing||$6.18 billion|
|Labor income (wages) from Ohio steel companies||$1.34 billion|
|Purchase of Ohio goods/services by Ohio steel companies||$2.2 billion|
**Based on Annual Survey of Manufactures and IMPLAN, a widely used economic model for estimating the economic impact of an industry on an economy.